Today is a Green Day STAR Testing! We will be testing the Freshman Class during 1st period on Monday, Sept 17th Wednesday the 19th from 6:30 – 8 The Entire Community is Invited! Join Woodsville High School for a special Open House w/ WHS students and staff hosting a big party with local business leaders and community members. We will also be having tours of WHS,Ukulele lessons and a special presentation by the WHS Spirit Squad! Food and Beverages will be for sale w/ Vin Dog’s Concessions and Catering, Yeoman Brewing Company, Lily B’s Cupcakes & Gather Together Café
The Student Council will hold its first meeting on Tuesday the 18th at 11:10 in Mr. Scianna’s room. If you are a student who eats A lunch please bring your lunch for the meeting. School Spirit Week at Woodsville High School — Starts Monday the 17th
* Monday is Sports Day – Wear your favorite college or pro sports team!
* Tuesday is Uber Nerd Day
* Wednesday is Superhero Day (it’s also Open House Night!)
* Thursday is Class Colors -Seniors wear Black, Juniors wear Blue & Black, Sophomores wear Purple and Freshmen wear Pink & White-
* Friday is School Colors (Green & White!) * BIG NEWS *School & Theme Appropriate Hats will be allowed ALL Week For example: WHS Engineer hats on Friday will be allowed
The first SADD meeting of the year will be held Wednesday the 19th in the Cafeteria from 2:30 to 3:00PM.
* There are 88 students who have yet to turn in their fob agreements. Please complete the forms as soon as possible and place in Mr. Strauch’s mailbox in the main office. Students who have not turned in the agreement form by the end of the day on Wednesday, September 19th will serve detention on Thursday September 20th and continue to serve detention until the paperwork has been turned in.
The 2019 Engineer yearbook is now on sale! They are $25. See Mrs. Youngheim in Room 25 to order. Price increases to $30 on October 20! Cash and checks (made out to WHS) are accepted.
Cribbage Club begins Thursday Sept. 20th at 3:00 in the Library.
Come play with the Best or learn from the Best! Hope to see you there
Project WYLD ( Wilderness Youth Leadership Development) staff will be here to meet with interested students on Monday, September 17, 2018. The meeting will take place at 8:30 am in the library. WYLD is an adventure based program designed to develop self-confidence and stress management skills while challenging participants with various outdoor activities. Participants will experience self awareness, understanding and appreciation for the environment, and effective communication skills. Any interested student should let Mr. Strauch know by Friday the 14th. — Attention Seniors! Applying to college this year? WHS Guidance is having a special help session in October. Space is limited!!! Sign up in Guidance as soon as possible
JAG will be hosting a blood drive with the American Red Cross on October 29 here at the school from 12-5. Anyone wanting to donate can go online to www.redcross.org to make an appointment. (students can also sign up in room 8) Walk ins are always welcome. Anyone 16 or 17 years old, who would like to donate will need to have parent permission. See Ms. M in room 8 for form
Fall Sports photos Thursday 09/27 3:15 pm
* WHS Athletics Monday 9/17 *
Varsity Boys @ Lisbon 4:00 – Bus at 2:45 Varsity Girls @ Lisbon 4:00 – Bus at 2:45 Varsity Golf @ Sunapee Quad (Lake Sunapee Country Club) 4:00 – Van at 1:30