August 27, 2018
Teacher Workshop Day
SAU #23 Inservice
Haverhill Cooperative Middle School: Cafeteria
August 27, 2018
8:00 Coffee and pastry from the Abbey Group, our new food service program.
Photo ID’s for HCMS, WES and new SAU employees in the gym
8:30 Welcome,introductions of new administrators, faculty and staff
- Overarching goals for the SAU for the 2018-2019 school year
- K-8 Report Card Draft
- Local Assessment Plan for all grades: common tasks
- School Improvement Plans and Celebrations
- School, Community and Public Relations
- Trauma Informed and Trauma Sensitive Schools
- School Safety:
- Link to Governor’s School Safety Task Force: the report is at the bottom of the page.
- State Infrastructure funds - safety improvements for all schools
- Entry improvements, cameras, window film, cell boosters
- Updated Emergency Operation Plans
- Training on procedures
- DOE submission and Homeland assessment
- ALICE training and our new trainer, Alex Foryan
9:-10 Bullying Training, presented by Tina E, Voices Against Violence and
Angie Fortin, Director, The Support Center at Burch House
10-10:15 Break (Secretarial and Custodial staff may return to schools)
10:15-11:30 Sam Drazin, Changing Perspectives - building understanding and
empathy. Strategies for educators to support having difficult
conversations in our schools and classrooms.
Additional policy training is available on the SAU #23 site for Title IX, (Key) Policy Reviews, and Bullying/Cyberbullying. Visit www.sau23.org, policy tab, policy training.
I hope you all have a wonderful year!
Thank you for all you do for our schools, each other and our students.