— Albert Einstein
In keeping with the philosophy of Woodsville High School, the Social Studies Department prepares students to become active participants in a democratic society and an increasingly global and interconnected world.
Woodsville High School Competencies
Courses offered within the Woodsville High School Social Studies curriculum help students:
• Demonstrate and apply knowledge of major eras, themes and historical influences, and analyze how they affect community, the state, the United States and the world. (HISTORY)
• Analyze how geography affects the interdependence of human societies and civilizations, and solve issues related to geography. (GEOGRAPHY)
• Assess personal, national and global economic decisions using principles of various economic and political systems. (ECONOMICS)
• Use evidence from founding documents, principles and structures of the constitutional government and political system in America to analyze relationships between citizens, governments and politics over time. (CIVICS and GOVERNMENT)
• Develop and defend positions on issues and events, using evidence from research gathered from a variety of sources. (APPLICATIONS OF SOCIAL STUDIES PROCESSES, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL)
• Develop, implement, and evaluate civic service learning project based on local, national, or global issues. (CIVIC ENGAGEMENT)
- Sur La Table has over 3,000 items on sale. Here are 8 items to buy
- 25 of the best holiday gifts you'll wish you'd thought of sooner
- These are the Best Credit Cards of 2021
- 7 coping techniques for opioid recovery
- Recalculate Your House Payment in Minutes
- Do you find waiting difficult? That's because we've evolved to hate it.
- The Handoff: Trump's influence on the GOP
- Tug of War: On the ground in Kabul with Clarissa Ward
- Margins of Error: Do age gaps in relationships actually matter?
- Nordstrom Rack's amazing weekend sale offers more savings the more you buy
- 49 of the most thoughtful gifts for every woman in your life
- 16 items from Oprah's 2020 Favorite Things list you can still gift this year
- 34 best advent calendars for a merrier December
- 20 easy last-minute Halloween costume ideas you'll actually like
- Google's Pixel 6 and 6 Pro have arrived — here's who should preorder
- Earn a highest-ever 180,000 bonus points on these Hilton credit cards
- We cooked 11 pounds of black-eyed peas to find the best slow cooker
- 13 must-haves from Best Buy's early Black Friday sale
- Nearly half of American companies say they are short on skilled workers
America's worker shortage is alive and well, much to the misfortune of US companies that need staff to keep up with demand.
- Colts, Carson Wentz get big win on road over 49ers, add to AFC traffic jam
Carson Wentz battled through ugly weather and a couple of bad plays to help the Indianapolis Colts defeat the San Francisco 49ers on the road and in the middle of a bomb cyclone, 30-18.